Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Clearwater, Florida
“Very good experience with how my case was handled from start to finish. David Neiser and Stacy Gleason were able to get my case resolved and met every expectation in regards to communication and professionalism. I would highly recommend.”
-Trent Nasiff, client review
Clearwater Motorcycle Accidents
While Clearwater may be a beautiful place in which to ride a motorcycle–with good weather year-round with the exception of high humidity and heat (which isn’t so bad on a motorcycle) and the chance of a downpour–riding a motorcycle isn’t a risk-free activity, regardless of where you live. In fact, riding a motorcycle is dangerous, and the risk of suffering severe injuries in the event of a crash is high.
At the law office of Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, our Clearwater motorcycle accident lawyers know that a crash can change your life. If you are involved in a motorcycle accident, our law firm will work hard to build your claim, prove the fault of the responsible party, and get you the settlement that you deserve. We’re here to guide you through everything you need to know about the process. If you’ve been injured, we can help.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
Most motorcycle accidents occur because of a party’s negligence–either the driver of the passenger car involved or the motorcyclist. Top causes of motorcycle crashes that we’ve seen include speeding, drinking while driving, driving while distracted, and aggressive driving, including illegal maneuvers and failure to check one’s blind spots.
Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are devastating because the injuries that a person may suffer in a crash may be life-changing. Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include:
- Head and brain injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries, including paralyzing spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries and internal bleeding
- Injuries to extremities, including amputation injuries, crush injuries, and bone fracture injuries
- Road rash/road burn injuries
More, including psychological injuries One of the most important things that you need to know is that you only have a limited amount of time to act. After a truck accident, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. If you breach the statute of limitations, your claim will be barred.
Who Pays For A Motorcycle Crash In Clearwater?
Liability–or legal responsibility–for a motorcycle accident in Clearwater is based on fault. Our lawyers will work hard to investigate your accident and build a strong case providing the fault of the responsible party. We’ll then file a claim against the at-fault party’s liability insurance provider, which should pay for your damages. In some cases, compensation may also be available through your own insurance policy, too, depending on the coverage types you carry. Our team will assist you in exploring the various sources of compensation available to you.
Contact a Clearwater Motorcycle Injury Attorney
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Directions to Our Nearest Office
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Motorcycle Accidents in Clearwater, FL
- Can I file a Lawsuit If I Wasn’t Wearing My Seat Belt?
- Yes, you are able to still sue the driver and the owner of the car, if you were injured in an accident while not wearing your seatbelt. However, keep in mind, that because of comparative negligence, the jury could place a percentage of liability on you for your injuries and the verdict could be reduced by that percentage.
- Will My Auto Accident Case Be Affected Because I Gave a Recorded Statement to the Other Driver’s Insurance Company?
- Your auto accident case can be affected. The reason the other driver’s insurance company tries to get a recorded statement from you is because they want to pinpoint you on the answers to your questions. If you make statements about your injuries, if you make statements about your pain, they can use that against you at a later time.
- Can a Passenger Recover Damages If the Injuries Were Caused By The Driver of the Same Car?
- Yes you can. As long as you are not married to the driver of the vehicle. You can be a relative. You can be a friend. You can definitely recover damages if the accident is the result of the driver.
Living in Clearwater
Floridians who live in Clearwater enjoy spectacular weather, stunning golf courses and an ocean that’s practically outside the front door. Located in Pinellas County, the city borders the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay is known for sunny outdoor activities like golfing, seaside jogging, biking, rollerblading, skateboarding, swimming and surfing.
You can take a daytime stroll along the famous Beach Walk or watch the glorious evening sunset from Pier 60. Even among Florida’s many beautiful beach towns, Clearwater is regarded as the best of the best, winning awards like “Top Beach Town in Florida,” “Best Place to Watch a Sunset” and USA Today 10 Best Beaches.
When you live in Clearwater, your distant friends are eager to come for a visit. Tourism is a $10 billion business here and draws more than 6.5 million overnight visitors for sunning, shopping and entertainment.
Several major companies make Clearwater their headquarters, including Morton Plant Hospital, Tech Data and Honeywell. The Clearwater Marine Aquarium opened in 1972 and is featured as the main setting of the movies series, Dolphin Tale, popular with families and movie goers alike. During Major League Baseball spring training, Spectrum Field is the home of the Philadelphia Phillies, as well as their High-A affiliate, the Clearwater Threshers, during the baseball season. Employment is on a steady increase, growing almost two percent in recent years to a little more than 50,000 people. The most common careers are those in service, sales, science and business.
Clearwater Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Clearwater Police – Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (727) 462-6370
- Clearwater Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- Clearwater Fire Department Emergency – Dial 911
- Clearwater Fire Administration – (727) 562-4334
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Clearwater Police – Emergency Dial 911
- Clearwater Police – Non emergency (727) 462-6370
- Clearwater Police Department Field Office – (727) 562-4242
- Clearwater Pediatric Care Children’s Hospital (727) 461-1543
- Morton Plant Hospital – (727) 462-7000
- Mease Dunedin Hospital – (727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside Hospital – (727) 725-6111
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Center – (727) 725-6966
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.