East Lake Car Accident
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Serving East Lake, Florida
“Love the way they kept me up to date with everything. John K. was awesome and guided me every step of the way. Awesome experience!”
-Vanessa Martinez, client review
Auto Collision Lawyers Representing Injured People in East Lake, Florida
Whether you are traveling in traffic on East Lake Rd. through East Lake, Florida, or you are simply backing out of a parking spot in a local retail establishment or restaurant, a car accident can lead to life-threatening and disabling injuries. Much too often, another driver’s negligence leads to a serious auto wreck. If you or someone you love recently suffered serious injuries in a car crash, it is important to discuss your case with an East Lake car accident lawyer as soon as possible. One of the experienced personal injury lawyers at Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group can speak with you about your options.
Steps for Seeking Compensation from an East Lake Car Accident
If you or someone you love was involved in an East Lake car accident, it is important to understand the steps you will need to take in order to seek compensation. Most car crash claims begin with an auto insurance claim, but in some cases, it could make sense to begin the process of seeking financial compensation by filing a car accident lawsuit. Generally speaking, the following are the steps you will need to take in order to seek compensation after a car collision:
- Gather information at the scene of the collision: You should obtain as much information as you can at the scene of the crash. Most importantly, you should take a wide variety of photos that you can use when you file an insurance claim and when you file a car accident lawsuit. You should take photos that depict multiple angles and perspectives, with some close-up shots showing details and other pictures depicting the larger area where the accident occurred. You can take these photos on your smartphone. In addition to photographs, you should obtain contact information for any witnesses, as well as for anyone involved in the collision. Be sure to obtain contact information and insurance information and other data from any other drivers who were involved in the crash.
- Seek medical attention: You should seek medical attention as soon as possible after you have been involved in a car accident. Many types of auto crash injuries do not result in immediate signs or symptoms, and your injury could worsen if it is not treated in a timely manner. If something like this happens, the at-fault party could argue that you are partially at fault for the severity of the injury. Florida’s comparative fault law could then result in your damages award being reduced by your percentage of the fault.
- File your insurance claim: Since Florida is a no-fault state for insurance purposes, you will need to begin the claims process by filing a first-party auto insurance claim through your own auto insurance company. You will likely be eligible for compensation through your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. However, if you suffered a serious injury in the collision and your own auto insurance is insufficient to cover your losses, you may be able to file a car accident lawsuit.
- File your car accident lawsuit: In no-fault states like Florida, in order to be eligible to file a car accident lawsuit against the at-fault party, you will need to be able to show that you suffered a serious injury. Your East Lake car accident lawyer can help with this process. You should also know that the statute of limitations for most car accident lawsuits under Florida law is four years. Accordingly, you will only have four years from the date of the car accident to file a lawsuit. It is always better to begin working with a car accident attorney as soon as possible to prevent valuable evidence from being lost in your case. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that witnesses will not be able to remember precise details from the collision, for example, that could help you to win your case.
Contact an East Lake Car Accident Attorney
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Car Accidents in East Lake, FL
This is also classified as Personal Injury Protection (PIP). The way it works is that the coverage is immediate, and it is not focused on who was at-fault. It allows for your medical bills to be taken care of right away. You may also be able to have lost wages partially covered.
Living in East Lake
East Lake is a small, quaint area that consists of several smaller communities. It is home to several restaurants and parks.
The area is popular with families due to its outstanding public education. East Lake also boasts top notch programs for youth recreation. This coupled with its 3.2% unemployment rate (lower than the national average) makes it a very attractive place to live.
The library stands out among other locations in East Lake as it houses a Florida Butterfly Garden.
East Lake Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- East Lake Fire Emergency – Dial 911
- East Lake Fire Rescue – (727) 784-8668
- Mease Countryside Hospital (727) 725-6111