Holiday Truck Accident
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Holiday, Florida
“A great experience with this firm. Very professional staff and excellent communication throughout! Exceptional results.”
It’s impossible to drive through Holiday without seeing a large truck on the road. Especially along US-19, large trucks are a common sight. And for good reason – these vehicles carry the products and goods, including food and medicine, that people in our communities rely on.
But large trucks are also dangerous, too. While many truck drivers out there operate their vehicles with a high standard of care, others engage in dangerous behaviors that lead to crashes. And when a crash does occur, the amount of weight involved exponentially increases the amount of force involved, leading to serious damages. In a single year, heavy trucks were involved in 39 fatal crashes, 129 incapacitating injury crashes, 421 non-incapacitating injury crashes, and 758 possible injury crashes, as reported by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
Our law firm appreciates truck drivers and the services that they provide, but we also recognize how severely your life may be changed if you’re involved in a truck accident. For the support and guidance you need, call our law firm immediately today.
How Truck Accidents Happen
Theoretically, truck accidents should never happen. These types of accidents are completely preventable, and almost always only occur when negligence–the failure to exercise the proper degree of care–is involved. Some of the top causes of truck accidents include:
- Fatigued driving. Truck driver fatigue is a big problem. While truck drivers are also supposed to drive a certain number of hours before stopping, they are often pressured to complete their routes quickly. Fatigued driving can lead to erratic driving maneuvers, like swerving, and falling asleep at the wheel is a recipe for disaster.
- Blind spot accidents. Blind spot accidents occur when a smaller vehicle is hanging out in a truck’s “no zones” (the areas directly behind and in front of a truck, as well as to the immediate right and left of a truck) and a truck driver performs a maneuver without being able to see the other vehicle. These types of accidents are similar to squeeze play accidents, which occur when a vehicle attempts to pass a large truck on the right, only to get “squeezed” between the truck and the curb when a truck makes a right-hand turn.
- Impaired driving. Truck drivers may use substances to help them stay awake or because of dependency issues. When truck drivers are not of a clear mind and their physical or mental capacities are impaired, truck accidents are more likely.
- Truck defects. In addition to truck drivers’ errors, which may include those mentioned above as well as acts like speeding and driving aggressively, another top cause of truck accidents is truck defects. Tire blowouts, defective brakes, and steering problems can result in crashes.
- Cargo shifts. If cargo shifts in transit, the shift in weight could lead a trailer to sway or even tip over.
Of course, in addition to the above causes of truck accidents, truck accidents are also caused by the errors of drivers of passenger cars. Road defects, including damaged roads, debris and animals in the road, and defective signage may also contribute to accidents, too.
Why Work with an Experienced Holiday Truck Accident Attorney
When you have been involved in a truck accident, you need an experienced holiday truck accident attorney on your side. Truck accidents are complex both because they usually result in very serious damages to those involved, and also because it can be difficult to determine fault and liability for the crash. Your truck accident lawyer will support you by:
- Investigating your case, which means talking to witnesses, hiring vehicle design and accident reconstruction experts, sending spoliation of evidence letters to ensure that data relevant to the claim is preserved, reviewing the police report, and drawing conclusions about what caused the accident.
- Determining liability. Note that fault and liability may not be synonymous. For example, a truck driver may have caused the crash through an act of fault, but the trucking company may be held liable for damages under the theory of vicarious liability.
- Negotiating your settlement to improve your chances of recovering your maximum settlement amount. An insurance company will likely try to pay you less than you deserve, and having a skilled attorney on your side can improve your chances of a more positive case outcome.
At the law office of the Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, we understand that if you’ve been in a truck accident, your life may never look the same again. We know we can’t change what happened, but we do believe in our power to support your best interests moving into the future.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Holiday
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Personal Injuries in Holiday, FL
If you have sufficient coverage for your car, then you should not need to purchase any additional coverage from the rental company. During the duration of your rental your coverage basically transferred to the rental.
They usually consider factors like mileage, condition, and any packages added onto the car. After taking those into consideration they can assess the value using a formula.
Living in Holiday
Holiday is located in Pasco County, near Tarpon Springs.
Some of the sights to see are Anclote River Park, Race to Escape Attraction, and the National Comedy Hall of Fame Museum.
Holiday Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Holiday Fire Emergency – Dial 911
- Pasco County Fire Rescue – (813) 929-2750
- AdventHealth North Pinellas – (727) 942-500