Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Serving Largo, Florida
“I recently referred a friend to this law firm for a car accident; the entire team were responsive and handled their case with a large settlement. The personal injury attorneys at Kemp, Ruge, & Green listen and care for their clients. I highly recommend for any type of accident!”
-Jenee Peters, client review
Car Accident Attorneys Representing Injury Victims in Largo, Florida
Nobody should have to deal with the aftermath of a car accident, yet unsuspecting drivers and vehicle occupants are often injured in car accidents in and around Largo, Florida. When you suffer serious injuries in an auto collision, you may not be able to return to work due to the severity of your injuries, and you may be struggling to pay your extensive medical bills. Whether you need assistance filing an auto insurance claim or filing a car accident lawsuit against the at-fault driver, a dedicated Largo car accident lawyer at Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group can discuss your options with you.
Driving in Largo
Residents of Largo have become used to the traffic that travels along Ulmerton Rd. and U.S 19. At times, certain areas can become somewhat congested with traffic, including the roads that head to and from Tampa.
Dangerous Roads in Largo
The Largo area has some highly dangerous roads that put drivers at risk of collisions. The most accident-prone areas include:
- U.S. 19
- Ulmerton Rd.
- Seminole Blvd.
- Belcher Rd.
- Starkey Rd.
If someone’s negligence on the road causes you to be injured in a traffic accident, contact a personal injury attorney in the Largo area as quickly as possible. You can pursue possible compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, loss of wages and more. This is where Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, one of the most experienced and most successful personal injury firms in Largo and the entire Tampa Bay region, can help.
Common Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Largo
At Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, we can assist injury victims with many different types of car accident cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Side-swipe accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Aggressive and reckless driving crashes
- Drunk driving claims
- Distracted driving cases
- Drowsy driving lawsuits
- Accidents in inclement weather
- Work-related car accidents
- Chain-reaction crashes
- Crosswalk car accidents
- Red-light accidents
- SUV rollover crashes
- Parking lot collisions
Damages in a Largo Car Accident Case
In a Florida car accident case, most injury victims will start the process of seeking financial compensation by filing an auto insurance claim through their own insurance company. Since Florida is an auto insurance no-fault state, injured vehicle occupants need to file a claim through their own insurer to seek personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. However, PIP coverage only provides up to $10,000 for an injury victim, which is often insufficient to cover losses.
When a person suffers a “serious injury” in a Largo crash, Florida law may allow that person to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Once you file a lawsuit against the negligent driver, you may be eligible to receive two types of compensatory damages:
- Economic damages, which compensate you for direct financial losses like hospital bills and lost wages; and
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for subjective losses like pain and suffering.
Depending upon the facts of the case, it may be possible to seek punitive damages. Under Florida law, punitive damages are only awarded when a plaintiff can prove that a defendant engaged in intentional misconduct or was grossly negligent.
Contact an Largo Car Accident Attorney
At Kemp, Ruge & Green, we are uniquely committed to the Largo community and our clients. We combine a genuine spirit of caring with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, our firm includes acclaimed attorneys who rank among the top one percent of all attorneys nationwide. We look forward to helping you make the best of your situation and we’re right here in the Largo region, ready to help.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Car Accidents in Largo, FL
- What are Subrogation Rights?
- Subrogation rights are when someone pays benefits on your behalf as a result of a car accident case. It gives them the right to recover those benefits back from the at-fault driver. The most common subrogation rights we deal with are health insurance carriers. If they pay for some of your medical expenses, then they have a right to be reimbursed from the at-fault driver’s insurance, which is your settlement. You really should hire an attorney to make sure you comply with these subrogation rights, because we work with the health insurance companies to reduce the amount of money that you have to pay back to them.
- What Constitutes Pain and Suffering in a Florida Auto Accident Case?
- Here are some examples of what constitutes pain and suffering in a Florida auto accident case: physical pain, emotional trauma, limitations on daily activities, limitations on abilities at work, depression, scarring, disfigurement, and any kind of post-traumatic stress disorders.
- What Documents Should I Bring to My Attorney?
- We like you to bring the driver’s exchange of information that the police officer gives you at the scene. We also like you to bring any photographs of damage at the scene. Also bring your health insurance cards and your auto insurance cards or declarations page, so we can review the coverage available to you.
Living in Largo
Largo offers a vibrant mix of urban and suburban living along Florida’s western peninsular coast. The streets are lined with bars, restaurants and shopping options, all surrounded by lush parks that encourage the people of Largo to get out and enjoy Florida’s beautiful weather with golf, swimming in public pools like those at the Highland Family Aquatic Center and live entertainment at the Central Park Performing Arts Center.
The area captures the feeling of a small town, even though it is the third largest city in Pinellas County and fourth largest in the Tampa Bay region. Often named a National Arbor Day Tree City, Largo is the only city in Tampa Bay that is a Sterling Tree City.
Although Largo has a reputation as a tourism and retirement hotspot, it has also attracted a large group of young professional homeowners who enjoy Florida living and love the economic opportunities it presents as a thriving business center.
For work, people drive across the city of Largo, further north to Clearwater, and further south to St. Petersburg. Tampa also isn’t too far away but requires a commute across beautiful Tampa Bay from Largo.
Largo Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Largo Police – Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (727) 587-6730
- Largo Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- Largo Fire Department Emergency – Dial 911
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Largo Police – Emergency Dial 911
- Largo Police – Nonemergency (727) 462-6370
- Largo Medical Center – (727) 588-5200
- Largo Medical Center Indian Rocks Road – (727) 588-5200
- Largo Medical Emergency Room – Call 911 or (727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant Hospital – (727) 462-7000
- Mease Dunedin Hospital – (727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside Hospital – (727) 725-6111
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Center – (727) 725-6966
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.