Experienced Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Largo, Florida
“I was in an accident and the attorneys and paralegals here handled everything and make it very easy to file a suit! They walked us through step by step and took care of everything…definitely will recommend and use them in the future.”
-Amanda Graham, client review
Florida Truck Accident Lawyers Representing Injury Victims in Largo
Nobody who lives in Largo or visits the area to enjoy its beaches or retail establishments expects to get seriously injured in a truck accident. However, it is important to know that truck crashes can happen anywhere. Semi-trucks deliver goods to stores and restaurants in the Largo area, and they are involved much too often in collisions on US 19 and even on local roads. Since 18-wheelers are so much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, occupants of cars and SUVs frequently suffer devastating injuries in truck crashes.
If you or someone you love got hurt in a trucking collision, you should speak with a Largo truck accident lawyer today.
Getting the Facts About Largo Trucking Collisions
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides facts and figures that help to demonstrate the seriousness of large truck collisions:
- Nearly 4,900 people died in truck crashes in 2017, and more than 4,100 died in trucking collisions in 2018;
- Majority of people killed in truck accidents are smaller vehicle occupants;
- More than 100,000 injury accidents involving large trucks happen every year; and
- Large trucks are involved in more than 350,000 collisions involving property damage on an annual basis.
Truck accidents have many different causes, and a variety of parties may be liable in a truck crash case. Given that each trucking collision has its own particular facts, you should always have an experienced lawyer assess the merits of your case and help you to understand your options for taking your case forward.
Contact a Truck Accident Attorney in Largo
If a negligent truck driver or a trucking company is responsible for your serious injuries, it is extremely important to begin working with one of our Largo truck accident attorneys on your claim. When insurance coverage is insufficient to compensate you for your losses, you could be eligible to file a truck accident lawsuit. While many individual motorists in car accident cases do not often have substantial assets from which they can pay a large damages award in a car accident lawsuit, the same is not true of truck collisions. In many truck accident cases, truck owners or trucking companies can be held liable, and they tend to have deep pockets from which to provide injury victims with compensation.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Truck Accidents in Largo, FL
- What are Subrogation Rights?
- Subrogation rights are when someone pays benefits on your behalf as a result of a car accident case. It gives them the right to recover those benefits back from the at-fault driver. The most common subrogation rights we deal with are health insurance carriers. If they pay for some of your medical expenses, then they have a right to be reimbursed from the at-fault driver’s insurance, which is your settlement. You really should hire an attorney to make sure you comply with these subrogation rights, because we work with the health insurance companies to reduce the amount of money that you have to pay back to them.
- What Constitutes Pain and Suffering in a Florida Auto Accident Case?
- Here are some examples of what constitutes pain and suffering in a Florida auto accident case: physical pain, emotional trauma, limitations on daily activities, limitations on abilities at work, depression, scarring, disfigurement, and any kind of post-traumatic stress disorders.
- What Documents Should I Bring to My Attorney?
- We like you to bring the driver’s exchange of information that the police officer gives you at the scene. We also like you to bring any photographs of damage at the scene. Also bring your health insurance cards and your auto insurance cards or declarations page, so we can review the coverage available to you.
Living in Largo
Largo offers a vibrant mix of urban and suburban living along Florida’s western peninsular coast. The streets are lined with bars, restaurants and shopping options, all surrounded by lush parks that encourage the people of Largo to get out and enjoy Florida’s beautiful weather with golf, swimming in public pools like those at the Highland Family Aquatic Center and live entertainment at the Central Park Performing Arts Center.
The area captures the feeling of a small town, even though it is the third largest city in Pinellas County and fourth largest in the Tampa Bay region. Often named a National Arbor Day Tree City, Largo is the only city in Tampa Bay that is a Sterling Tree City.
Although Largo has a reputation as a tourism and retirement hotspot, it has also attracted a large group of young professional homeowners who enjoy Florida living and love the economic opportunities it presents as a thriving business center.
For work, people drive across the city of Largo, further north to Clearwater, and further south to St. Petersburg. Tampa also isn’t too far away but requires a commute across beautiful Tampa Bay from Largo.
Largo Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Largo Police – Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (727) 587-6730
- Largo Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- Largo Fire Department Emergency – Dial 911
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Largo Police – Emergency Dial 911
- Largo Police – Nonemergency (727) 462-6370
- Largo Medical Center – (727) 588-5200
- Largo Medical Center Indian Rocks Road – (727) 588-5200
- Largo Medical Emergency Room – Call 911 or (727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant Hospital – (727) 462-7000
- Mease Dunedin Hospital – (727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside Hospital – (727) 725-6111
- St. Joseph’s Children’s Center – (727) 725-6966
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.