Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Serving Lutz, Florida
“I was in a wreck with my fiancé and son, between April and Stephanie we were always kept updated on our case and the steps that were happening at any given time. Thank you!”
-Bryan Baker, client review
Car Accident Attorneys Representing Injury Victims in Lutz, Florida
Nobody should have to deal with the aftermath of a car accident, yet unsuspecting drivers and vehicle occupants are often injured in car accidents in and around Lutz, Florida. When you suffer serious injuries in an auto collision, you may not be able to return to work due to the severity of your injuries, and you may be struggling to pay your extensive medical bills. Whether you need assistance filing an auto insurance claim or filing a car accident lawsuit against the at-fault driver, a dedicated Lutz car accident lawyer at Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group can discuss your options with you.
Dangerous Roads in Lutz
Residents of Lutz have become used to traffic that travels along I-275. At times, certain areas can become somewhat congested with traffic, including the roads that head to and from Tampa.
The Lutz area has some highly dangerous roads that put drivers at risk of collisions. The most accident-prone areas include:
- U.S. 401
- Livingston Ave.
- County Line Rd.
If someone’s negligence on the road causes you to be injured in a traffic accident, contact a personal injury attorney in the Lutz area as quickly as possible. You can pursue possible compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, loss of wages and more. This is where Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, one of the most experienced and most successful personal injury firms in Lutz and the entire Tampa Bay region, can help.
Common Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in Lutz
At Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, we can assist injury victims with many different types of car accident cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Side-swipe accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Aggressive and reckless driving crashes
- Drunk driving claims
- Distracted driving cases
- Drowsy driving lawsuits
- Accidents in inclement weather
- Work-related car accidents
- Chain-reaction crashes
- Crosswalk car accidents
- Red-light accidents
- SUV rollover crashes
- Parking lot collisions
Damages in a Lutz Car Accident Case
In a Florida car accident case, most injury victims will start the process of seeking financial compensation by filing an auto insurance claim through their own insurance company. Since Florida is an auto insurance no-fault state, injured vehicle occupants need to file a claim through their own insurer to seek personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. However, PIP coverage only provides up to $10,000 for an injury victim, which is often insufficient to cover losses.
When a person suffers a “serious injury” in a Lutz crash, Florida law may allow that person to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Once you file a lawsuit against the negligent driver, you may be eligible to receive two types of compensatory damages:
- Economic damages, which compensate you for direct financial losses like hospital bills and lost wages; and
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for subjective losses like pain and suffering.
Depending upon the facts of the case, it may be possible to seek punitive damages. Under Florida law, punitive damages are only awarded when a plaintiff can prove that a defendant engaged in intentional misconduct or was grossly negligent.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Lutz
At Kemp, Ruge & Green, we are uniquely committed to the Lutz community and our clients. We combine a genuine spirit of caring with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, our firm includes acclaimed attorneys who rank among the top one percent of all attorneys nationwide. We look forward to helping you make the best of your situation and we’re right here in the Lutz region, ready to help.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Directions to Our Nearest Office
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Car Accidents in Lutz, FL
- What Is a Permanent Injury?
- A permanent injury does not necessarily have to be a disabling injury. What it means is that you have an injury that will permanently affect you for the rest of your life. It can be a herniation in the neck or lower back. It can be paralysis. It can be traumatic brain injuries; there are many different examples of permanent brain injuries.
- What is Bodily Injury Liability Insurance Coverage?
- Bodily injury liability coverage is optional coverage in Florida. When you opt to purchase bodily injury liability coverage you are protecting yourself in case you or someone else is driving your vehicle and you permanently injure another person and you are at-fault for the accident.
- What is Comprehensive Insurance Coverage?
- Comprehensive coverage is coverage under your auto insurance policy which covers damage to your vehicle that are not related to car accidents. Examples of that kind of coverage would be fire, theft, windstorms and even vandalism.
Lutz is nestled in suburban Tampa and is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in Florida. It’s full of young families, new homeowners and high-income professionals who enjoy working in downtown Tampa, then getting out to the suburbs of Hillsborough County when the workday is done.
This area has a lush, park-like feel with plenty of trees and green spaces. Although Lutz offers an old-fashioned small-town feeling, it also has big-city ethnic and economic diversity. It has a good public school system and also a cluster of private schools.
In the past couple of decades, Lutz has attracted droves of people looking to move 15 miles north of Tampa to the Hillsborough suburbs or south Pasco County. It’s considered one of the most family-friendly cities in the Tampa Bay region with high home values and fairly low crime.
Lutz Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (813) 247-0600
- Lutz Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- Lutz Fire Department Emergency – Dial 911
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office – Emergency Dial 911
- Hillsborough Sheriff Non Emergency – (813) 247-0600
- St. Joseph’s Hospital North – (813) 443-7000
- Healthpoint Lutz Pediatrics – (813) 968-7171
- Morton Plant North Bay Mental Health – (813) 428-6142
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.