Experienced Car Accident Lawyers Serving St. Petersburg, Florida
“They were very consistent and considerate in their communication and I felt that they really cared about my injuries and wanted me to get the medical attention I needed. I would definitely recommend them. Stephanie Medlin was very down to earth and went out of her way to make sure she was available. They are a great Law Team! thank you!”
-Laura McGann Bickler, client review
Car Accident Attorneys Representing Injury Victims in St. Petersburg, Florida
Nobody should have to deal with the aftermath of a car accident, yet unsuspecting drivers and vehicle occupants are often injured in car accidents in and around St. Petersburg, Florida. When you suffer serious injuries in an auto collision, you may not be able to return to work due to the severity of your injuries, and you may be struggling to pay your extensive medical bills. Whether you need assistance filing an auto insurance claim or filing a car accident lawsuit against the at-fault driver, a dedicated St. Petersburg car accident lawyer at Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group can discuss your options with you.
Driving in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg’s densely-packed neighborhoods cause congestion during weekday mornings and evenings when commuters cross the bridge to work in nearby Tampa. The commute to Tampa is about 20 minutes without heavy traffic, and much longer during rush hour.
Dangerous Intersections in St. Petersburg
The St. Petersburg area has some large and dangerous intersections that put drivers at risk of collisions. The most accident-prone areas include:
- 34th St. at 5th Ave. N
- 34th St. at 22 Ave.
- Tyrone Blvd. at 66 St. N
All of the intersections listed above are some of Pinellas’ most dangerous intersections. If someone’s negligence on the road causes you to be injured in a traffic accident, contact a personal injury attorney in the St. Petersburg area as quickly as possible. You can pursue possible compensation for injuries, pain and suffering, loss of wages and more. This is where Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, one of the most experienced and most successful personal injury firms in St. Petersburg and the entire Tampa Bay region, can help.
Common Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle in St. Petersburg
At Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, we can assist injury victims with many different types of car accident cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Side-swipe accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Aggressive and reckless driving crashes
- Drunk driving claims
- Distracted driving cases
- Drowsy driving lawsuits
- Accidents in inclement weather
- Work-related car accidents
- Chain-reaction crashes
- Crosswalk car accidents
- Red-light accidents
- SUV rollover crashes
- Parking lot collisions
Damages in a St. Petersburg Car Accident Case
In a Florida car accident case, most injury victims will start the process of seeking financial compensation by filing an auto insurance claim through their own insurance company. Since Florida is an auto insurance no-fault state, injured vehicle occupants need to file a claim through their own insurer to seek personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. However, PIP coverage only provides up to $10,000 for an injury victim, which is often insufficient to cover losses.
When a person suffers a “serious injury” in a St. Petersburg crash, Florida law may allow that person to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. Once you file a lawsuit against the negligent driver, you may be eligible to receive two types of compensatory damages:
- Economic damages, which compensate you for direct financial losses like hospital bills and lost wages; and
- Non-economic damages, which compensate you for subjective losses like pain and suffering.
Depending upon the facts of the case, it may be possible to seek punitive damages. Under Florida law, punitive damages are only awarded when a plaintiff can prove that a defendant engaged in intentional misconduct or was grossly negligent.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in St. Petersburg
At Kemp, Ruge & Green, we are uniquely committed to the St. Petersburg community and our clients. We combine a genuine spirit of caring with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, our firm includes acclaimed attorneys who rank among the top one percent of all attorneys nationwide. We look forward to helping you make the best of your situation and we’re right here in the St. Petersburg region, ready to help.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Directions to Our Nearest Office
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Car Accidents in St. Petersburg, FL
- Do All Personal Injury Cases Have to Be Litigated?
- Not every case goes into litigation. In fact a large number of cases can be settled without ever having to have a complaint filed. If you think about it it’s just another step along the journey in your lawsuit. If we can resolve it without going to the court system, that’s when the complaint actually gets filed. There’s no exact time frame or way to calculate how long it’s going to take for your case to finish. As a rule of thumb, we try to get all cases tried within 18 t0 24 months. That’s a hard goal to reach because there are outside factors that can come in. If anybody gets sick, if you have an additional surgery or sometimes we even have people who have passed away throughout the course of it. So the rule of thumb is we try to get your case to a jury between 18 and 24 months, but sometimes it can take longer.
- Can You Still Settle A Case if It Moves to Litigation?
- It’s always a client’s decision when they would like to have a case settled. Just because the lawsuit gets filed that does mean you have to go to trial. Throughout the process there are informal discussions that occur. There is what is called mediation and there are what are called proposals for settlement. You shouldn’t have the mindset that just because the complaint gets filed with the court that the settlement discussions stop.
- What Is The Worth Of My Personal Injury Case?
- There is no definite way to determine this without actually filing a claim. It varies based on several factors such as cost of medical treatment, cost of lost wages, and others. It also depends on the level of severity with the higher severity cases having higher worth.
Living in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg is known for its sunny skies and a combination of big-city amenities and small-town charm. With 361 days of sunshine per year, it’s a place that always feels like you’re on vacation and it’s a very popular city for tourism.
Florida’s fifth-largest city is also home to numerous Fortune 500 companies. Although you might not always notice them tucked among the palm trees, there are multi-million dollar businesses and homes scattered throughout St. Pete.
However, the area also has plenty of middle-class multifamily housing, including apartments and condominiums. The median home value is about $182,000, which is slightly lower than the national average. St. Petersburg schools get high rankings and there are plenty of places to work in St. Pete, along with nearby Largo, Clearwater, and Tampa.
St. Petersburg Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash:
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Dial 911; Non Emergency (727) 582-6200
- St. Petersburg Car Accident Lawyer – (877) 941-4878
- St. Petersburg Fire Rescue – Dial 911
- Florida Highway Patrol – (305) 234-2240
- Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
- Emergency Dial 911
- Non Emergency (727) 582-6200
- St. Petersburg General Hospital – (727) 384-1414
- Bayfront Health St. Petersburg – (727) 823-1234
- St. Anthony’s Hospital – (727) 825-1100
- Northside Hospital – (727) 521-4411
- Kindred Hospital Bay Area – St. Petersburg – (727) 894-8719
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.