Westshore Motorcycle Accident
Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Westshore, Florida
“Had a terrible motorcycle accident in November. Was in the hospital for a while and had multiple surgeries. One nice thing was to have this law firm at my back, and telling me not to worry about the financial impact of this, but to just get healthy. The best thing about dealing with Kemp, Ruge & Green was their response time. Anytime I emailed, texted, or called them, I heard back the same day, which is probably the best thing when swimming in a pool that you are unfamiliar with. If you are involved in an auto accident, do yourself a favor and give them a call.”
-Howard Jonas, client review
Motorcycle Accidents In Westshore
There’s a reason that Florida is called the sunshine state – you can enjoy vitamin D year-round. This is one of the primary reasons why it’s such an attractive state for motorcyclists. In addition to the sunshine, those who ride will benefit from a huge selection of popular motorcycle routes, great riding temperatures, and scenic views.
While riding a motorcycle in Westshore and the surrounding areas of Florida may be extremely pleasant, it’s not always the safest choice. Quick statistics published by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles show that there were over 9,000 motorcycle crashes reported in our state in a single year, and over 500 motorcycle fatalities. There were also a large number of motorcyclists who were injured – some of them severely.
Top Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
Most motorcycle accidents are completely preventable. They occur because of a driver’s or a motorcyclist’s negligence. For example, actions that lead to motorcycle crashes include:
- Failure to look – Motorcycles are hard to see, especially when in a driver’s blind spots. A driver has an obligation to check that their blind spots are clear before changing lanes – when they fail to do so, the result may be a tragic accident.
- Speeding – Not only does speeding increase the risk of a collision, but it also increases the severity of damages should a collision occur.
- Drinking while driving – For both motor vehicle drivers and motorcycle drivers, operating while intoxicated is against the law, reckless, and extremely dangerous.
- Driving while distracted – Driving while distracted has become a top killer on Florida’s roadways. Distractions might include a handheld device, food or drink, an event happening outside of the car, a radio station, talking passengers, etc. A driver’s attention should be on the act of driving at all times.
- Aggressive driving – Both motorcyclists and drivers may be aggressive when on the road. Aggressive maneuvers, such as swerving, cutting off another driver/operator, following too closely, lane splitting, and more can all be deadly if something goes wrong.
How Fault In A Motorcycle Crash Is Determined
When a motorcycle accident occurs, a motorcyclist is not obligated to stay within Florida’s no-fault system; instead, they have the right to file a claim against the at-fault driver’s liability coverage. However, they’ll need to prove the fault of the driver.
In a motorcycle crash, there is a wide range of evidence that can be used to determine fault, prove liability, and support a motorcyclist’s case. Example of evidence that our law firm can help to collect and organize include:
- Photos of the accident scene
- The driving record of the at-fault driver
- Information about any potential vehicle defects or design errors
- Opinions from accident reconstruction experts
- The police report
- Eyewitness testimony
We’ll gather the evidence that’s necessary to ensure you have a strong case. We will also gather evidence to support the degree of damages you are claiming, including physical injuries, medical expenses, property damage costs, lost wages, pain, suffering, and emotional distress.
Steps To Take Immediately After A Crash
If you’ve been in a motorcycle crash, there are a few important steps to take immediately to protect your right to compensation.
- Be sure that you call the police and report the accident (if you are severely injured, this likely will not be optional).
- Make sure to get medical care, document all care received, and follow the doctor’s orders.
- Call the insurance company to report the accident as soon as possible – if you wait too long, your claim could be denied.
- Call a skilled Westshore, Florida motorcycle accident lawyer who has experience working on cases like yours, works on a contingent-fee basis, and has the time and resources necessary to make your case a priority.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Westshore
Our Westshore, FL motorcycle accident attorneys at the office of Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group know what you’re going through and how devastating a serious motorcycle accident can be. We know that you may also be feeling frustrated about the claims process or worried about being able to recover the settlement that you deserve. When you call our law firm, you can count on us to advocate for you. We empathize with your situation and will fight hard on your behalf. Schedule your free case consultation today.
Call us at 1-877-941-4878 or submit a contact form for a free consultation.
Why Should I Hire Kemp, Ruge & Green?
It is very easy to describe what Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group does. Our mission statement says it all. We strive to “relentlessly pursue protecting our clients and improving our community through respect, communication and service.” Put more simply, we help people.
Everything we do is with that singular purpose in mind. If a client has been injured by someone else, we will do everything we can to make sure they get the best possible medical care at little or no expense to them. If a client is going through a divorce, we will vigorously work to help them get everything they need to put the pieces of their life back together and to make sure their rights are protected.
Our firm is unique; we are committed to our community and our clients with a level of legal expertise that is among the highest in the area. In fact, we were featured in Positively Tampa for our efforts.
Our attorneys are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a national group that provides a network for information exchange, local assistance and case referrals to top trial lawyers in America who have won large, complex cases. Fewer than 1% of attorneys nationwide earn this high distinction. We always provide legal representation in your best interests, maintaining open communication lines, and keeping you updated about your case every step of the way.
Regardless of where you live in the Tampa Bay region, including Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando Counties, we look forward to helping you make the best of your situation. Many of our attorneys have been acclaimed as among the 1% of all attorneys in the country, and they’re right here in our area, ready to help you.
Common Questions About Motorcycle Accidents in Westshore, FL
This is the method of combining specific coverages, uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist, from multiple policies to seek a higher amount of compensation.
Living in Westshore
Westshore, Florida is a business and finance district in Tampa. Many restaurants, stores, two shopping malls, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium can all be found within the area.
The Tampa International Airport is also located here which makes the Westshore area a very prominent, important part of Tampa.
Today some of the allure of Seffner is its small town feel, gigantic oak trees, and luscious strawberry fields. It also is home to the internationally known Life Fellowship Bird Sanctuary.
Westshore Local Services & Emergency Contact Information
In an emergency, always call 911.
After a motor vehicle crash: