A St. Petersburg Personal Injury Attorney You Can Trust
If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to understand and fight for your legal rights. At Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group, our St. Petersburg personal injury attorneys strive to offer our clients comprehensive, sensible, and compassionate legal representation in personal injury matters. The goal of our personal injury practice is to help restore injured victims and protect their livelihood and future.
Personal Injury Attorneys Helping Restore St. Petersburg
The attorneys at Kemp, Ruge & Green have successfully recovered millions of dollars for clients in St. Petersburg and across the state. Our attorneys offer legal guidance in a variety of personal injury matters, including:
- Traffic Accidents: Every year, more than 10,000 car accidents occur across Pinellas County. Saint Petersburg has several heavily traveled roadways that are prone to traffic accidents, such as I-275 and U.S. 19. These roadways and many intersections along them are common sites for auto, motorcycle, truck, and pedestrian accidents.
- Boat Accidents: According to the U.S. Coast Guard, the Tampa Bay area has one of the highest rates of boating accidents in Florida. There are more than 800,000 registered boats in Florida’s waterways. In 2014, there were almost 600 boating accidents in Florida waters, with 70 resulting in a fatality.
- Dog Bite Injuries: In Florida, an estimated 500 dog bite injuries result in hospitalization every year. Most dog bite injuries occur among young children, and often occur in the victim’s home, or during interaction with a familiar dog.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Our personal injury attorneys have successfully managed catastrophic injury cases, including spinal cord injuries, burns, brain injuries, loss of hearing or sight, and amputations.
- Slip and Fall Injuries: The Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that almost 15 percent of injury and accidental deaths are caused by slip, trip, and fall injuries. That number accounts for more than 540,000 accidents every year.
- Wrongful Death: Florida Statute 768.21 has specific guidelines for wrongful death claims. Wrongful death claims can result from numerous accidents or injuries, or may be the result of violent crime.
Understanding Personal Injury Law
Personal injury law can be complicated, especially when you are recovering from an accident or injury. Unfortunately, accidents and injuries can be devastating beyond the physical element, and may result in emotional and financial difficulties. One of the first steps in protecting your rights and future is to understand personal injury law in Florida and how it applies to you and your case.
In personal injury cases, it is the responsibility of the person filing the lawsuit to prove that you (the “plaintiff”) were injured as a result of negligence or recklessness. To do this, you will need to show:
- That the other party (defendant) had a duty to preserve your safety (not to injure you)
- That a failure of this duty directly contributed to or caused your injuries
- That the injuries you sustained resulted in your suffering damages (damages may include physical harm, financial loss, pain and suffering, disability, or death)
If you were partially responsible for your injuries, then the trajectory of the lawsuit may change. Florida law has specific guidelines for the various elements of personal injury law that may apply to a given case. Many clients have a difficult time making sense of terms like “comparative law” or “strict liability” as they pertain to their situation. The only way to determine the best course of action for your case is to consult with a personal injury lawyer to learn more about your rights and options under Florida law.
Get Help You Can Rely on with Your Personal Injury Case
At Kemp, Ruge & Green, our staff is dedicated to maintaining open, transparent communication through every step of the legal process. We guarantee honest, consistent communication with our clients, so you can rest assured that your needs and concerns are always addressed promptly and efficiently. Our staff is consistently recognized for excellence in communication and understanding the needs of our clients. Our attorneys have also been recognized for the following:
- 2015 Personal Injury Law Firm of the Year – M & A
- Top Lawyers in Florida based on Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence
- Florida Trend’s Legal Elite member
Our firm also focuses on the issues that are important to St. Petersburg and surrounding areas. Our staff works hard to stay abreast of changes in local and state law, as well as updated statistics on accidents and injuries. Our St. Petersburg Car Accident Attorneys also work with various organizations and associations to help provide you with comprehensive, relevant representation.
Our “No Fee Unless You Win” Policy
At Kemp, Ruge & Green, we operate on a contingency fee basis. That means that if you receive a settlement or verdict in your case, we will receive a percentage of that amount to cover legal expenses, fees, and attorney services. If you do not receive a settlement or verdict, you will not be billed for our services.
Contact Our St. Petersburg Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Many personal injury law firms offer a free consultation, but at Kemp, Ruge & Green, we strive to take our service beyond industry standards. The skills and professionalism we offer our clients extends beyond the consultation or representation contract. We guarantee that we will provide consistent, transparent, aggressive representation to protect your rights and secure the best outcome possible for your case.
Contact Kemp, Ruge & Green toll free by calling 727-847-4878 to schedule an initial consultation. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com. While we regret that you are in need of personal injury legal services, we hope that we can help you gain the confidence and restoration you need to recover.