Violations of Probation | Kemp, Ruge and Green Law Group

When Results Matter

Request Free Consultation

Violations of Probation

Probation is usually granted by a judge instead of jail time. If an individual is given probation, they must adhere to specific guidelines to stay in compliance. As long as the terms of probation are followed, the person facing criminal charges will remain out of jail.

However, if someone violates the terms of probation, that person may have to serve the original sentence, including jail time.

How Can The Terms Of Probation Be Violated?

Anyone who violates the terms of their probation can be sent to jail. Some of the most common violations are:

  • Failing a court ordered drug test
  • Not reporting to a  probation officer
  • Failing to complete community service
  • Refusal to submit to a drug test
  • Not paying probation fees
  • Not completing court ordered classes

Challenging A Probation Violation

The processes involving with challenging a probation violation are different than those of being charged with a traditional crime. Because someone is already on probation, they will not have the right to a trial-by-jury. You simply have less protection under the law. The probationer will also have the challenge of proving his/her position over the word of their probation officer, who alleged the violation in the first place.

Why You Should Contact A Probation Violation Attorney

The lawyers at Kemp, Ruge & Green Law Group are familiar with the unique nature of the probation revocation process and are dedicated to keeping you out of jail. Kemp, Ruge & Green attorneys are experienced with the intricacies of probation revocation hearings and will aggressively defend your rights. If you have been sent notice of an impending probation violation, contact Kemp, Ruge & Green today!

If you are even thinking about hiring an attorney for your criminal defense, please consult with one of our criminal defense attorneys. Please contact our office in Trinity at (727) 846-0028 for a FREE initial consultation.