If you have been involved in any type of accident that was caused by another person, the steps you take after the event will have an impact on your ability to claim compensation. Your personal injury will cause financial harm as well as changes to your life. It is important that you take the necessary steps to claim compensation for these losses.
After an accident happens, you are encouraged to do the following:
* Notify emergency services of the accident so that an official report can be made. If you are at work or on commercial property when the accident occurs, notify management so that an accident report can be prepared.
* Seek medical attention for your injuries. Even if the injuries seem minor, it is better to be safe than sorry.
* Inform the insurance carrier of the accident so that your medical care is covered. Do not give a full statement at this time.
* Consult with a personal injury attorney at Kemp, Ruge, and Green so that your rights remain protected as an injury victim.
* Avoid social media. The insurance companies will be monitoring your social media accounts. What you say there can have an impact on your compensation. If you must post about being in an accident, keep the post brief.
One Law Firm – So Many Services
In addition to personal injury law, Kep, Ruge, and Green also provide family law services to residents of the Tampa area. If you have been arrested, our law firm also provides comprehensive criminal defense services.
Home and business owners in the Tampa area will also benefit from our property insurance claim services. If you are being treated unfairly by the insurance companies for damages to your home or business, speak with one of our attorneys today.
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.