On July 18, 2022, a 51-year-old man exiting I-275 near Tampa caused a multi-vehicle accident that led to the death of two people. The man was driving down I-275 when he exited near Kennedy Blvd. The man looked down at his cell phone while exiting and smashed into the stopped vehicle in front of him. The impact caused that vehicle to smash into two others. Two fatalities were reported as well as multiple injuries. It was not stated if the driver who caused the accident suffered a personal injury. FHP is still investigating the incident.
The injured parties in this accident can seek compensation for their injuries and losses. To do so, they will need to prove that negligence occurred. To prove negligence, you must show:
* There was a Duty of Care
* The Duty was Breached
* The Breach Caused an Injury
* The Injury Caused Financial Losses
When you look at this accident, it is easy to see that the driver who looked down at his phone was negligent because:
* He had an obligation to operate his vehicle safely (not look at his phone while operating a vehicle)
* That by looking at his phone instead of paying attention to the road, he caused the accident.
* That the accident led to people being injured, and two people lost their life
* That the injured parties suffered financial losses because of their injuries (medical expenses, missed work, and other costs).
Injury victims will benefit from having legal representation from Kemp Ruge and Green Law Group when it comes to proving negligence in any accident.
Negligence applies in many forms of law, including criminal defense. However, it is the basis for all personal injury claims.
Kemp Ruge and Green Law Group provides personal injury representation, criminal defense, family law representation, and help for property insurance claims. We are a full-service law firm that works in areas of law that provide Tampa area residents with the most benefits.
About Your Case
We're ready to fight on your behalf. Request a free, no-risk consultation with our attorney's today.